Saturday, January 12, 2013
Small update to the rulebook situation. I've had to change fonts for the interior text of the rulebook. The betty noir font just didn't work at smaller sizes, pretty much anything lower than 20pt. So sadface at that then my friend Jennifer showed me a font called orbitron which looks like a mix of 1980's computer font with some future sauce mixed in and I like it so much I used it for all the interior text! It looks pretty good all the way down to 12pt and since that's the smallest I'm going I haven't encountered any problems with it.
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Well I've finally gone and done it. I managed to put together a page layout that I am pleased with. Of course it is just the beginning of designing the rulebook. The layout below will be used for all the standard content pages, rules, descriptions of things, and other stuff. The main cover will of course look different as will the table of content. I am thinking of using the idea I have for the table of contents for the page that explains the layout of the unit cards, just have to see what happens. Any way, on with the show!
Sunday, January 6, 2013
Short post. After some discussion with my collaborator on this project I noticed he left a comment on my last post about getting one particular font in a reverse b&w scheme. So I went ahead and made in two other colors as well, red and blue! Not much though it does keep the creative juices flowing. Now if I could only get around to actually designing some pages that are more than just hasty scribbles on scrap paper...