Thursday, March 21, 2013

#53 More SW:BfA minis

Just wanted to post up a quick shot of what I've done so far. I cleaned and assembled the figures the first week I received the game (arrived 1/18/13) and gave them a coat of primer a couple weeks later. Then I decided on a color scheme, took a few days and I crossed my fingers those paints were still. So that brings us to know. I have done the primary colors on all the non-character Vanguard. All that's left are details, weapons and bases. I'm thinking a basic black and gunmetal for the weapons, not sure what I'll do for the bases and a nice vibrant green for the visors.
Here's a shot of all the mini's from the base game.
I'm not sure if I will ever get around to painting the extra figures I received since I'm still waiting for the rest of the character figures I ordered. That and working on mini's really messes up my back these days.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

#52 Some other miniatures

I didn't get everything I done this weekend that I wanted too. I did manage to get a Sedition Wars Vanguard color scheme set and 9 vanguard basecoated with the primary color. I still have not decided how to paint the bases.
I also managed to put together the KD pinup I ordered. I was really happy to get a Twilight Knight Pinup. Despite a few problems it went together rather well considering the petite-ness if the mini. I'll probably update this post with a scale shot later. Only real problems were the left heel (it wasn't there) & the sword broke of at the join to the hand, not earth shattering though they took some time to fix. Anyways on to pics!

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

#51 Almost all parts completed

It's been an interesting exercise making all the pieces for the DataCrash minis in a 3D modelling program. I've learned a few things about making shapes in Sketchup and I might just jump over to using Blender in the future. I'll have to see how similar it is to Sketchup. Anyways on to some pictures!

#50 The parts I've made so far...

As you can see in the following picture I've made almost all of the basic parts of the DataCrash figures in Skethup. All that I'm missing is the hand/shoulders for the Gatekeeper and Import cores. I totally forgot about them until I exported this snapshop and since I need to get to work I'll have to make that part tonight. :P


There are two cylindrical shapes in the front that I'm planning on using for the ICE figures. I'm leaning towards the one on the left since I think it matches more with the physical piece thought the one on the right might give more definition. I'll have to pull one of the figures out and look at the actual piece before I make my decision. Eeep! I've gotta get to work! Oh, the mushroom looking shape is used for a few different figures, might have to make a Heavy Import core and I need the feet for the walker... Ok ok! I'm going!