Thursday, June 7, 2012

#33 Boardgame extraordinaire!

So the past few months I've been working on a boardgame. Its a cyberspace old prigrams fighting new programs kind of game. I settled on a game mechanic that I think speeds up game play and keeps the game moving. It boils down to any unit always being able to damage opponents and if your lucky you can outright delete an enemy unit. My friend Omar has been collaborating with me on making it really awesome. He made all the mini's in the following photos.



So these pics are from our second play test and I have to say it went really well. Omar and I settled on two game types. One involves capturing the datacore and the other is just outright annihilation of the opposing army. There were also some tweaks to some rules and of course editing the rules and clarifying some effects too. So here are the shots:


Here's a front shot of the Legacy programs deployed.

An aerial shot of the end of the play test sessions.

A shot of the Neoteric army, not as impressive without mini's.

A shot of both sides deployed. I can't wait to have mini's for both sides!

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! Those are some sweet pics!
    You should post some pics on BGDF, some mombers might enjoy looking at the begining stages of this game developement.
    We might have to make a stop motion after all the minis are done to promote the game; maybe with some SYSTEM OF A DOWN playing in the background :-D

    ReplyDelete