Tuesday, December 21, 2010

#27 Perler and 8-bits

I've had recent bit of inspiration and decided to try my hand at some perler bead work. I've done a couple of things before based on 8-bit characters from Super Mario 2 and despite the time it takes to set up the beads the stuff usually comes out looking really nice. My current idea is to make coaster sets based on a variety of games. I've already picked out the games and the sprites I want to use. The coasters will be 20 pixels by 20 pixels. I'm going to start with one of the games and hopefully that will improve the speed I work at and my skill at melting the beads.

I also want to try to start making 8-bit/16-bit art as well since I like the aesthetic and I could apply it to some other projects I have been working on lately.


I was talking to my friend Omar and he showed me some stuff and asked if I could 8-bit some pics, here's the first one:


There are two more he gave me though I think they will take a little more work they shouldn't be too hard to make into 8-bit though 16-bit might work better for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment